The Benefits of Play-Based Learning for Preschoolers at Child Care Eastwood and Childcare Marsfield
Play-based learning is an essential part of early childhood education. At Child Care Eastwood and Childcare Marsfield, we recognize the value of play-based learning and incorporate it into our curriculum. In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of play-based learning for preschoolers and how it helps them to develop and grow.
- Supports Cognitive Development: Play-based learning encourages children to think creatively, problem-solve, and experiment. It supports their cognitive development and helps them to develop critical thinking skills.
- Fosters Social and Emotional Development: Play-based learning also supports children’s social and emotional development. Through play, children learn to communicate, cooperate, and negotiate with their peers. It helps them to develop empathy, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
- Enhances Language and Literacy Skills: Play-based learning provides a natural context for children to develop language and literacy skills. As they play, children use and practice new vocabulary, experiment with different ways of communicating, and engage in storytelling.
- Encourages Physical Development: Play-based learning also supports children’s physical development. It provides opportunities for children to develop fine and gross motor skills, balance, coordination, and spatial awareness.
- Promotes a Love of Learning: Play-based learning is engaging and enjoyable for children. It encourages children to be curious, ask questions, and explore the world around them. It promotes a love of learning that can last a lifetime.
At Child Care Eastwood and Childcare Marsfield, we understand the importance of play-based learning for preschoolers. By providing a safe and stimulating environment for children to learn and play, we promote their cognitive, social and emotional, language and literacy, physical, and overall development. Contact us today to learn more about our play-based learning approach and how we can support your child’s growth and development.